The Sisters of Charity were founded by
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, in the spirit of
Saint Vincent de Paul and Saint Louise
de Marillac, in Emmitsburg, Maryland in 1809.
In 1859, Mother Mary Xavier Mehegan founded the New Jersey community known as the
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth.
Today, the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth are engaged in education, health care, social justice and ecological integrity, & pastoral & social service ministries in 12 dioceses within the
United States, El Salvador, and Haiti. The Congregation currently numbers 179 vowed members. The Seton Associate relationship has 290 affiliated lay and religious women and men.
Sister Maureen Shaughnessy, SC
Sister Maryanne Campeotto, SC
Councilor & Secretary of the Congregation & the Corporation
Sister Cecilia McManus, SC
Assistant General Superior
Sister Judith Mertz, SC
Sister Ellen Farrell, SC
Councilor & Treasurer of the Congregation & Corporation
Sister Elizabeth Kremp, SC
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth Schola Cantorum
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth Schola Cantorum - Benefit Concert for St. Elizabeth Hospital - Oct. 1966
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth Schola Cantorum - Date unknown
Please remember our deceased sisters, and all who have been called home by God. Grant them eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed
Rest in your peace. Amen